Dr. Ayman Abou-Ismail
Pediatric PHD (doctorate), 1999, Cairo University.
Masters in Pediatrics, 1991, Cairo University.
MB,B.Ch Cairo University, 1986, Faculty of Medicine Cairo University
Private Pediatric Clinic 2014 – to date.
Pediatric Consultant and head of Pediatric department and neonatology unit, Alkindi Specialised Hospital Bahrain 2012 – 2014
Pediatric Consultant and head of Pediatric department and neonatology unit, International Hospital of Bahrain 2002 – 2012
Pediatric fellow 1991 – 2002 Cairo University Pediatric Hospital. Caro University Pediatric hospital is a tertiary referral hospital that receives critical pediatric cases from all over Egypt. It is the largest pediatric hospital in Egypt.
Pediatric Residence 1998 – 1991 Cairo University Pediatric Hospital.
Pediatric and neonatal ICU Experience
Critical care management
Mechanical ventilation experience
General pediatric inpatient and outpatient management
Background includes substantial experience in Pediatric ICU at Cairo University Pediatric Hospital.
Diploma in Modern Asthma Management,
October 2003 – March 2004
Under the auspices of Aarhus University Hospital School of Medicine
Denmark, April 2007
August 1991 – March 1992
Pediatric Hospitals in Japan Japan
Pediatric and neonatal Intensive care units – Japan
- Hospital of Showa University – Tokyo
Received training for two months in a huge and advanced neonatology unit with a highly equipped Neonatal ICU.
- National Children’s hospital – Tokyo
Trained on pediatric and neonatal ICU for two months
- Hospital of Tokyo Women’s medical collage – Tokyo
Attended training for one month on pre and post operative care of cardiac patients where all kinds of cardiac operations were done there including arterial switch for transposition of great arteries, Fontan operation, total correction for tetralogy of Fallot and other operations.
- National Cardiovascular center – Osaka
This is one of the best cardiac centers in Japan. I received my training in pediatric cardiology and postoperative care after open and closed heart surgeries.
- Matel’s Children Hospital at UCLA,
(University of California Los Angeles), May 24th – June 11th 2002. Los Angeles, USA.
Pediatrics Conference and Seminars
First International Congress of Perinatology – Tokyo – Japan
Attended the congress in 1991.
- Participated in the Asthma and COPD Update;
University of Virginia CME lecture series, May 5th – May 8th 2009
- Attended the 17th Conference of the Union Arab Pediatrician and Jordan Pediatric Society (JPS) Jordan – Amman, October 2009.
- Asthma Week Bahrain
Attended Asthma week course conducted by in collaboration with George Washington University, May 2010.
- Basic Life Support course (BLS) Bahrain
Completed the national cognitive and skills evaluation in accordance with the curriculum of the American Heart Association for the BLS for the health care providers, February – August 2011
- Pediatric Enteral Nutrition and Micro Nutrient Deficiency.
An Online Course under the auspices of John Hopkins academy of continuing medical education, March , 29-31,2012
- Attended the 7th world Congress of Perinatal Medicine in Developing Countries, Alexandria –Egypt. November 15-17,2012
- Attended Dubai Pediatric Dermatology Conference.
Dubai,UAE – February 25-26, 2013.
- Completed an advanced course on diagnosis and management of adult Asthma under the auspices of George Washington University. Bahrain, 22– 26 June 2013
- Attended the XXXII congress of the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology together with World Allergy Organization ( EAACI-WAO) World Allergy and Asthma congress Milan, Italy, 23-24 January 2014
- Attended Pediatric Allergy Management from different perspective, Dubai,UAE
- Attended Expert forum on Infant nutrition, Morocco, March 2015.